Health & Services

Are you new in Canada or in Edmonton? Here's what you need and might be useful to you.

Social Insurance Number (SIN)

Please visit any Service Canada location to get your SIN, if you need one. You can apply online as well.

Alberta Health Card

If you are eligible for an Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP), you can get it either by mail or in person.

Alberta ID

If you are an Alberta resident but don't have a valid driving licence, you may be eligible to get one. This is just for identification purpose not valid to operate motor vehicle. Good to have one if need to show Government issued photo ID.

Health Insurance

If your employer does not cover your prescription and medication, you can get a plan on your own.

Bangladesh High Commission

If you need any support from Bangladesh High Commission at Ottawa, please contact them. It could be attesting some documents or renewing your Bangladesh Passport.